Sunday, May 25, 2014

Home

And now the final stage.  Sitting on the Concord Coach in Boston's South Station waiting to depart. My good friend Martha will pick me up in Concord NH and I will consider myself home!

For those of you who where hoping to see more blog posts, I apologize. As it turns out I did not have the mental stamina to think of a well crafted blog post at the end of a busy work day or a whirlwind touristy day. Instead all I could manage was the occasional Facebook status or picture. Or sometimes only a comment or like of another team members's post. In fact most of my colleagues are FAR better at this social media thing than I. By the time I would get around to posting they would already have done so and clicking 'like' was an easy way to let my friends know what I was doing. For those of you who are not on FB and are interested, we will simply have to catch up in person!

I think back now to that bus ride 30 days ago and while I was excited about the adventure before me I was also really sad about leaving. Now on my way home, I am nostalgic about my experience and very emotional about returning home. That in fact will be one of my lasting impressions from this trip - how important home, family and friends are to me. I have lived in many places, had many jobs, met many people in my life so far and what has become clear is that the places and the jobs don't mean anything, only the people. So thank you to all the people in my life, past and present, I carry you all in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment